Last March I spontaneously was invited to the Gaylord Rockies Resort Grand Opening, we had travel plans already in place to visit Park City, Utah just a day after but upon receiving the invitation, we knew we had to make it work. There we’re a handful of amazing events going on, including a food tour and private Darius Rucker concert right on-site in the ballroom!
Needless to say we packed our bags and boarded a plane to the beautiful Aurora, Colorado. Upon arriving, the floor to ceiling windows and gigantic archs greeted us. From the moment we walked in the door the service was immaculate, we knew this would be a trip for the books!
On the first night they opened the main lobby to a smorgasbord. Offering a variety of amazing dishes, as well as speciality cocktails, from each restaurant in the hotel.
- Steakhouse: Old Hickory Steakhouse
- Asian: Monte Jade (AMAZING sushi!!)
- Italian: Vista Montagne (and breakfast buffet)
- American: Mountain Pass Sports Bar
- Pool Bar: Arapahoe Springs Bar & Grill
- Lobby Bar: Pinyons
- Coffee House: The Cocoa Bean (serves Starbucks coffee)
- Marketplace: Rockies Marketplace (check my insta story highlight)
The rooms we’re very spacious and the cozy bed/linens complimented them nicely. Though not every room had a balcony, the large windows allowed plenty of light in the space. We didn’t spend much time here, way to much to explore.
On our last and final day we we’re welcomed into the spa which is exactly what we needed before boarding our flight and catching another plane to Utah. Features to keep note of:
- AMAZING relaxation room with herbal teas and fresh fruit, warm fire-place and sheer drapes for privacy
- steam room, whirlpool (our door one as well) and sauna
- full locker room
- full selection of bathroom toiletries
- state of the art hair tools (straitner/blow-dryer/curler)
- free access for platnium members, robes and complimentary champagne (1) provided
We were so grateful to be invited and welcomed into the Gaylord family’s new resort. I definitely recommend this property, especially for a corporate function/gathering.