This March, Daniel and I both adventured off to Utah for the first time! After a lot of back and forth we decided to stay at The St. Regis Deer Valley in Deer Valey, Utah.
As soon as we arrived we knew we we’re going to love it here. This was our first solo couple ski trip ever and we we’re really excited to get on the slopes.
The snow in March can be described in one word: Powder! If you haven’t skied in Utah in the Spring, you should. The energy of the people in Utah is incredible, the snow is incredible and the views are incredible. Note: Deer Valley is ski-only. If you want to snowboard, you have to take a short trip over to Cannons. Both mountains can keep you entertained for 3-5 days easy, plenty of blacks and blues.
The St. Regis Deer Valley was a very cute hotel. Perfectly located, ski-in-ski-out, with hotel transportation to almost anywhere you wanted to go.
A good spa is more than necessary after a long day on the slopes. The spa here was not co-ed, but it was clothing optional. Features to keep note of:
- ice shower
- steam room, whirlpool (beautiful ceiling tile work) and sauna
- full locker room
- selection of bathroom toiletries
- free access for platinum members, robes provided
Stein Eriksen Lodge
The Stein Eriksen Lodge (above) is a must. It’s located just off a lift tucked into the mountains. If you go you may even see the horses come by from the Horse Drawn Carriages, order a cheese board and a few cocktails.
Daniel surprised me with snowmobiling in North Forty Escapes, a private 10,000-acre ranch, it’s about a 45-minute drive but they pick you up from the hotel. This is so worth it, the guides are AMAZING and there’s plenty of free-roaming time to explore.
Somethings for-sure to pack:
- Hot Hands x4
- Ski Jacket/Pants
- Use their boots, their black and clean and you don’t have to worry about dirty snow on your Chanel fur booties, lol.
- Some mini bottles or flask
- They have helmets that are built for the sport
Plus, they also have dog-sledding here and they let you walk over and pet the dogs after! Happy place found.
We checked out a handful of local places, here are my faves!
- High West Saloon – get the flight and the margarita
- Purple Sage – we celebrated my belated birthday dinner here, everything was amazing. Butternut squash ravioli + salmon. OMG.
- Stein Eriksen Lodge – cheeseboard and winter Aperol spritz
- Ganesh Indian Cusine – tikka masala, low key and delicious
See all the places we went to my YELP collection here.