Paris is every romantic’s dream. So naturally, I instantly fell in love with this city.
You may have seen on my Instagram this photo of me (below) on my first moments in Paris. As a fashion, photography and design enthusiast I could not wait to explore.
Hotel Pont Royal
Hotel Pont Royal is beautifully located in the heart of the “so chic” Saint Germain-des-Prés district on the left bank of the Seine. We chose this hotel because it was always a dream of mine to have a balcony view of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Considering the Paris Pass
The Paris Pass is an all-inclusive pass for entry to 60+ Paris attractions, including a hop-on-hop-off bus tour and Fast Track Entry into museums and attractions. Free entry – to over 60+ museums, iconic monuments and unique experiences.
What is the Paris Pass package?
- Unlimited Travel in Central Paris with the Paris Pass + travelcard
- Included free with the Paris Pass, the Paris Visite Pass travelcard takes the stress out of sightseeing with free travel across zones 1-3 on the Metro, RER, buses, SNCF Trains, and trams.
- The Paris Pass + travelcard covers all your transport needs during your visit to Paris. Together with a free downloadable Metro Map and free guidebook, you will be able to navigate your way around Paris with ease.
If you’re considering the Paris Pass here are some things to keep in mind:
- The 2-day pass does include the museum pass, but I think only for one day!
- I would not get it unless it is for 2 days or more, the price only makes sense if you visit a number of attractions
- Have your pass mailed to you unless you do not have time, if you elect to pick up your pass it will be at the Big Bus Ticket Shop located at 11 Avenue de L’Opera 75001 Paris. Across the street is REJ Delicatessen Takeaway. If you are polite and buy something they will let you use their bathroom inside the hotel.
- The hop-on-hop-off bus tour is only valid for one day, plan out your day and use it on a day when it logistically makes sense, I would recommend using it to visit the Arc De Triomphe since it is a little farther away
- I recommend starting your Paris Visite travelcard (metro, etc) first thing in the morning to make the most of your pass duration!
Paris Pass MUST DO Attractions:
*didn’t have time to do
- 1 Day Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
- Ô Château Wine Tasting Ô Château Wine Tasting – FREE wine, better than a Happy Hour! (Near Louvre) and FREE bottle of wine!
- Louvre Museum
- Bateaux Parisiens River Cruise
- Arc De Triomphe
- The Orsay Museum*
- Basilica Cathedral of Saint-Denis*
- Picasso Museum*
Use Rakuten (Ebates) when you purchase for a deeper discount. Use my sign-up link for extra ca$h.
The Louvre is magnificent and you have to go, if you’re a true art enthusiast I would say it would take 2 days or more to truly appreciate everything in the museum. Nevertheless, we spent only a few hours here and felt like we got a taste of the art/culture, I would recommend eating beforehand and bring in a coffee to avoid the lines!
Bateaux Parisiens River Cruise
I recommend this cruise because it is the only way to see the beauty of Paris from multiple perspectives that would be difficult to achieve on foot. Being the Notre Dame is closed for obvious reason it is also a great way to observe the building from afar.
Arc De Triomphe
This monumental Arc is incredible, there is an underground pathway from across the street to the arc. I ran across the road like a crazy person.
A Stroll Through Parie
During our time not using the Paris Pass we decide to explore on foot. Some of our favorite places were”
- Café de Flore Paris – Cafe
- Ladurée – Macaroons
- Eric Kayer – Fresh Bread
- Girafe – Eiffel Tour View Dinner (PINCH ME!!!)
Picnik @ The Eiffel Tower
I waited my whole life for this moment.🗼🧺(& to use the Eiffel Tower emoji which is actually a Tokyo Tower…smh.)
I was a little bummed in Paris because we called to schedule a picnic basket and they said they weren’t doing them this time of year…SO we ran to Franprix (grocery store) and made our own.